Compiled By: Mufti Umar Anwar Badakhshani
- Qurbani can only be performed during the three days of Eid, namely the 10th, 11th and 12th of the month of Zul Hijjah. It is only in these days that slaughtering of an animal is recognized as an act of worship. No Qurbani can be performed in any other days of the year.
- Although Qurbani is permissible on each of the three aforesaid days, yet it is preferable to perform it on the first day i.e. the 10th of Zul Hijjah.
- Qurbani can also be performed in the two nights following the Eid day, but it is more advisable to perform it during day time.
- No Qurbani is allowed before the Eid prayer is over.
- However, in small villages where the Eid prayer is not be performed, Qurbani can be offered any time after the break of dawn on the 10th of Zul Hijjah.
[ نصب الرایۃ، فی تخریج احادیث الھدایۃ،کتاب الاضحیۃ، 503,506/4]
مشكاة المصابيح (1/ 463):وعن نافع أن ابن عمر قال: الأضحى يومان بعد يوم الأضحى. رواه مالك
الجامع الصحيح للسنن والمسانيد (32/ 183):وَعَنْ نَافِعٍ , أَنَّ عَبْدَ اللهِ ابْنَ عُمَرَ – رضي الله عنهما – قَالَ: الْأَضْحَى يَوْمَانِ بَعْدَ يَوْمِ الْأَضْحَى
مشكاة المصابيح (1/ 463):وقال: وبلغني عن علي بن أبي طالب مثله
Source: Islamic Months By Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani