NOTE: It should be noted that the below answer is the English translation of the Fatwa issued by Jamia Uloom Islamia Allama Yusuf Banuri Town, Karachi, Pakistan.
Is it permissible to make comedy and action videos with music on the TikTok app? Although we don’t play music while making the video, we only move with music or use the only mouth, it is permissible to make videos like this or not? is it permissible to accept money & gifts from TikTok app owners?
The available information about TikTok suggests that TikTok is a dangerous social media temptation that is on the rise nowadays. The use of this app is absolutely haram and not permissible from Shariah point of view.
some of its evils are as follows:
- 1. Pictures and videos of living beings are presented in it , which is haraam according to shari’ah.
- 2. It involves women who make and spread detestable videos.
- 3. The sin of seeing a non-mahram.
- 4. Vulgar practice of dancing and singing.
- 5. Men and women jointly make musical videos.
- 6. It is a source of spreading obscenity and nudity.
- 7. It’s a waste of time and meaningless activity.
- 8. In these videos they ridicule and make fun of religion and religious scholars rather almost everything is mocked and ridiculed.
- 9. Young and even old people, in the lure of making money, do all sorts of things that no respectable and sane person would do.
These are all unpermissible things in Shari’ah, and the user of this app will inevitably fall victim to these sins, it is almost impossible to avoid it, so the use of this application is not permissible, this application should be completely boycotted, Further sharing of any TikTok video must be avoided altogether.