An Nabi al Khatam (English) Maulana Syed Manazir Ahsan Gilani
An Nabi Al Khatam (English)
With Simplification & footnotes
Simplified & Footnotes By:
Mufti Umar Anwar Badakhshani
Translation By: Mufti Afzal Hoosen Elias
An Nabi al Khatam is a unique and rare work on the subject of the Seerah of Rasulullah (PBUH). You will study the introduction and specialties of this work in the forthcoming pages written by the senior scholars. Two things are common amongst the various comments on the work that have come from various institutions:
- Maulana Gilani has explained the incidents of Seerah in such a way that the mind of the reader will automatically draw great conclusions. In this way, this brief book has encompassed an ocean of knowledge and recognition.
- It seems as though the writer sat in the world of his heart and wrote in a unique way in a condition of intense love.
By studying this book, one definitely feels that Maulana Gilani was a king of the pen as Hadhrat Maulana Yusuf Ludhiyanvi Shahid wrote:
‘This lowly one has belief and love in four luminaries to the level of intense love:
- Shaykh ul Islaam Hadhrat Maulana Sayed Husayn Ahmad Madni.
- Imam ut Tabligh Hadhrat Maulana Muhammad Yusuf Dehlawi.
- Muhaddith ul ‘Asr Hadhrat Maulana Sayed Muhammad Yusuf Banuri.
- Sultan al Qalam Hadhrat Maulana Sayed Manazir Ahsan Gilani. [Shakhsiyat wa Ta’athurat, vol:1, p:133]
An Nabi al Khaatam’, in terms of its special literary style, unique wording, and brevity, was quite difficult for the general reader. Some time back, the manager of Zam Zam Publishers, the honorable Maulana Rafiq Abdul Majeed requested that the Urdu-speaking people abroad had repeatedly asked for this well-known, famous book to be simplified so that its benefit could become general. Consequently, upon his request, this book is presented before you with the following specialties:
- We have made an effort to explain the difficult words of the text in brackets such that it does not affect the writing of Maulana Gilani No disturbance should be experienced by the reader and the real beauty of this high-standing work in terms of knowledge and literature should remain unaffected.
- At various places, Maulana Gilani has indicated historical incidents and events and various persons. These have been clarified in the footnotes. For specification, the sign [M. U.A] has been placed at the end of these footnotes.
- In order to correct the book, the old copies were kept in front. There are many mistakes in the copies printed nowadays. For example, it is written in an old copy, ‘Is there any supporter who will console the questioner, not from the testimony of others. However, the correct text is, Is there any leader of the Parsees that will console the questioner, not from the testimony of others.’ Mistakes like these have been corrected.
- For the interest of the readers, in the beginning, the feelings and comments of some of the senior scholars regarding An Nabi al Khatam have been included. Through this, the importance, benefit, and status of the book can be easily gauged.
The name on the cover of the book [Urdu Version] is written by Syed Anees Husayni Marhoom (Son of the leader of the calligraphers, Hadhrat Sayed Nafees Shah Al Husayni). I am very grateful to Faysal (Lahore) for this. We make Du’aa’ that ALLAAH accepts this effort in his court. Aameen.
Umar Anwar Badakhshani
27 Rajab 1432